Re: GNOME 2.2 module list and schedule [was Re: GNOME 2.2 screenshots]

On 8 Jul 2002, Luis Villa wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 13:16, Glynn Foster wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > > P.S. Offhand, gstreamer/rb are the only things I can think of that I'd
> > > really, really want to see added to 2.2, but galeon (if
> > > licensing/distribution of Mozilla is not an issue) would also be really
> > > nice, and I'm sure I'm forgetting at least one other app. Also, if fifth
> > > toe does not get re-organized, I'd love to see gthumb and gtkam get in
> > > to the main distro.
> >
> > File Roller would be a nice one too, and Paolo has already said that he
> > would love to have it hosted at cvs.gnome.org so it could get the
> > testing and translation that it deserves..
>
> Sounds good.
>
> Question: where is the line between 'useful and deserves to be in core'
> and 'nice but ought to be in fifth toe.' Is there one?

There needs to be one for very simple simple practical considerations like
feasible size of the desktop and dogfoodability. If fileroller replaces
meat-gridner, then it doesn't affect either of those (but raises the
question why not just enhance meat-grinder).  In principle, the
what to include part is easy - if on average, users would absolutely miss
a functionality it needs to be in, otherwise no.

> Luis

	Sander

	This is the place where all
	the junkies go