Re: 3rd party .desktop files

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 12:48:08AM +0000, Glynn Foster wrote:
> Yeah, I was also thinking that perhaps we should namespace them
> according to which package they were in. I'm not sure if we really need
> more than one location - this kinda goes against what George was trying
> to achive with his new vfolder proposal and implementation.

Not really, what I wanted was to have one place for third party apps to place
their .desktop files.  There can be multiple such dirs.  The OS controls what
.vfolder-info files are installed and which directories they search.  As long
as the standard location is one of the searched directories, things just
work.  And in fact then you can have ISV supplied .desktops override the OS
supplied ones, if you have more then one directory.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.