Re: GNOME 2.0 Desktop "You Are Here" Update

Jeff Waugh wrote:

<quote who="Chris Chabot">

Would it be posible to build in a point in the schedule for the Gnome
Packaging Team to let its eyeballs roll over the 'release' packages, so we
can add .spec files and build RPMs (atleast for redhat 7.2) in time for
this release?

There's no plan to move dates around at this stage, but you do have three
weeks between the desktop beta and the release candidate. :)

I think i frased that wrongly, i wasnt asking for dates to be changed (else i'd ask you to have all this done 5 years ago! ;-). I am more looking for a 'signal' that says "we are about the release in 2 days, packages so far are in .../staging somewhere, please do your thing packaging team".

Since i can not commit these new specs to the cvs (no write acces), nor do i think that the developers would apreciate the dozens on bugs in bugzilla with new .spec files attached (and i still cannot escape the impression that bugzilla is used by every package maintainer).

So a posible solution would be to include the spec files in the final release .tar.gz just before the release date (alowing simultaniously release of .rpm / .srpm's).

Another posible solution would be if someone with commit access would be willing to port in the new .spec files, and hook them up to the autogen system apropiatly..

   -- Chris Chabot