Re: GNOME 2.0 default gtkrc

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 04:47, Calum Benson wrote:
> Miles Lane wrote:
>
> > I like this theme okay, except for having the up and down
> > scrollbar arrows stacked next to each other at the bottom
> > of the scrollbar.  Yuck.
>
> One man's yuck is another man's "thank god for that" :)  Having
> scrollbar arrows at opposite ends of the scrollbar is mostly just a
> historical accident, having them beside each other makes much more sense
> from a usability standpoint.
>
> Maybe one pair at each end would satisfy everyone  :o)

Fair enough.

What I would really love to see in Gnome 2.0 is a GTK theme
configuration capplet that would support tweaking the theme
parameters in a UI.  I don't understand why users are stuck
tweaking gtkrc files in a text editor or relying on pre-made
gtk theme tarballs.  It would seem fairly straightforward
(for a developer -- I'm not one) to write a GUI that would
surface the style definition options.  The most obvious ones
that people might want to adjust are pixmaps, colors, scrollbar
layout and font.

Cheers!
	Miles