Re: Fonts in Gnome 2.0 Alpha

On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 23:11, Chris Chabot wrote:
> Browsing the gtk 1.3 lists, i see it is a 'known gtk 1.3 problem' (no
> solutions yet). However it is interesting to note that whithout AA, the
> ttf fonts are shown (though with the 'Cannot load font for XLFD '-font
> string-' error), and with AA enabled, the TTF fonts are not shown...
>
> Anyways had this problem and know how to fix this?

that's odd.  without aa, i can use my true-type fonts perfectly.
however, when i enable aa i lose all of my standard fonts and instead
get the list nautilus 1.0.x uses when you select the "smoother graphics"
option.  i'm using slackware 8.0 (heavily modified) with xfree86 4.1 and
freetype 2.0.6.

todd