Re: GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS() not doing good.

El jue, 17-01-2002 a las 13:42, Owen Taylor escribió:
> I'm not sure if anybody else has noticed, but most GNOME packages are
> _not_ using -Wall currently, which is certainly not a good thing.
>
> The problem is that GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS now sets WARN_CFLAGS, but
> that variable is pretty much universally ignored.

Yep, just look at:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2002-January/msg00155.html

> The appended patch (for gnome-core) is an example of fixing this;
> I'm not sure if "don't touch CFLAGS if it has been set" behavior
> is desired, but not doing that can produce -Wall -Wall and/or
> force people to configure with --disable-compile-warnings.
>
> Anyways, it would be very much good if someone would take on the
> task of fixing up all the packages so they compile with -Wall
> by default.

However, this macro works quite fine when you run "make distcheck".
Just in this case configure receive --enable-compile-warnings=foo
with foo={yes,no,maximum,error}

--
German Poo Caaman~o
mailto:gpoo ubiobio cl