Re: GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS() not doing good.

Hey Owen,

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Owen Taylor wrote:

> I'm not sure if anybody else has noticed, but most GNOME packages are
> _not_ using -Wall currently, which is certainly not a good thing.

	I totally agree - that sucks ..

> The problem is that GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS now sets WARN_CFLAGS, but
> that variable is pretty much universally ignored.
>
> The appended patch (for gnome-core) is an example of fixing this;
> I'm not sure if "don't touch CFLAGS if it has been set" behavior
> is desired, but not doing that can produce -Wall -Wall and/or
> force people to configure with --disable-compile-warnings.

	I don't see why this would be the fix - the panel,
libpanel-applet and applet/(fish|gen_util) all use WARN_CFLAGS
already. What's wrong with just making sure everything else uses it?
I'd certainly prefer that to playing with CFLAGS ...

Good Luck,
Mark.