Re: error in gnome-terminal in gnome-core-1.5.4

Did you do a cleandist and recompile after upgrading gettext? having a
libintl.so.2 that contains the symbol does you know good if you are still
linked against libintl.so.1

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Manuel Clos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried to compile gnome-core-1.5.4 and it always gives error at the
> bind_textdomain_codeset function.
>
> I upgraded to gettext  0.10.40-1, but this does not solved the problem.
>
> So as it seems the problem is in glibc, can you modify the configure
> script so that it tells you what glibc version do you need?
>
> it is used in gnome-ditem-edit.c, and in gnome-terminal:
>
> gnome-terminal.o: In function `main_terminal_program':
> /opt/temp/gnome-core-1.5.4/gnome-terminal/gnome-terminal.c:2895:
> undefined reference to `bind_textdomain_codeset'
>
> I'm using Debian potato
> glibc version: 2.1.3-19
>
> Should I file a bug against the configure script?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Manuel Clos
> llanero jazzfree com
>
> * Si no puedes hacerlo bien, hazlo bonito (Bill Gates)
> * If you can't do it well, do it nice (Bill Gates)

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding