Gnome VFS minutae

Hi Seth,

In order to make the file types capplet less horribly broken for GNOME
2.0, I have been giving it some serious UI work. My current progress, in
the form of a half-working confused jumble of code, is in CVS HEAD
control-center-plus/capplets/file-types/

One of the things I am doing is putting the MIME types into a tree,
somewhat like the KDE dialog. However, where the KDE dialog simply
parses the MIME type string, I am trying to create some nice category
names. To do this reliably and extensibly, I need to store the
categories in the MIME database. Would you (or anyone) object to adding
category name keys to gnome-vfs.keys for various MIME types? I ask for
no API change, just some additions to the file.

Bradford Hovinen                                                  Hacker
http://www.cis.udel.edu/~hovinen/                    Ximian Desktop team
hovinen ximian com                                          Ximian, Inc.

Now what is history? It is the centuries of systematic explorations of
the riddle of death, with a view to overcoming death. That's why people
discover mathematical infinity and electromagnetic waves, that's why
they write symphonies.
                                      - Boris Pasternak, Doctor Zhivago