Re: [Usability] Close buttons on instant-apply dialogs

On Mon, 2002-01-07 at 01:05, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:

> As I see it there should be an accessible way to dismiss a window.
> IIRC Bill Haneman said that no Close button is no ironclad
> accessibility stopper. What about using Esc?

This would make a lot of vim and vi users *very* unhappy - Esc is used
to switch to command-mode in both of them.

Making the Gnome default short-cuts conflict with the most ubiquitous
and powerful unix editor is probably not a good plan ;-)

--
Pete Setchell
+++++