Re: [Fwd: Re: profterm]

On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 02:02, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> That's very strange - maybe you have a very old libtool version? Maybe
> a buggy linker? I don't know. What process is eating the CPU (in "top")?
I have:
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)

and

GNU ld version 2.9.5 (with BFD 2.9.5.0.24)
and libtool is the latest release got from GNU site
(1.4.2)

and this is from top:
1760 demichel  17   0  2056 2056   792 R       0 96.4  0.7   0:05 sh

any idea?

> I looked at it just now, I think in profterm this would translate to
> "profile grouping," so you could group profiles within the profile
> menu.
but is a profile like a class (of old gt)?
if it's so I think that profile grouping is quite different from
commands grouping, a commands for me is what is executed in a new
tab, does profterm have commands in this sense?

> If you like the basic profterm concepts such as profiles, I think that
> makes sense. It's up to you.
I'll see, if it will take me not much time
I'll do the port in any case...

> background shade" options you have in MGT, I guess those require
> libzvt changes - but it would be nice to have those features in
> libzvt/profterm.
I can hack on zvtterm widget adding that feature if you agree and
Jacob B. too

> Setting the terminal title on-the-fly might be useful too, though I'm
> not sure how this interacts with the title set in the profile. I think
think about it but IMHO such a feature is really needed

> Features that didn't seem very useful to me were the toolbar, and
I agree

> setting the location of the notebook tabs - I don't think many people
no I think could also be useful to hide notebook tabs or put them at the
bottom

> Some of the bugs currently in bugzilla are higher-priority though, for
> example being able to change the font! ;-)
this is reasonable, first kill all bugs ;-)

						Cristiano

--
  Cristiano De Michele,
  Department of Physics,