Re: [Usability] Re: Panel Menu

----- Original Message -----
From: "Reinout van Schouwen" <reinout cs vu nl>
To: <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
Cc: <usability gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Usability] Re: Panel Menu

> Hi Seth,
>
> On 19 Feb 2002, Seth Nickell wrote:
>
> > > I think I remember this, but I also remember that this was agreed to
> > not be > something for the short term, but rather for the long-term.
> > There are still > issues with doing this currently AFAIK.
> >
> > Well we certainely aren't doing this for GNOME 2.0 at this point.
>
> That puzzles me. I'm pretty sure this was important for 2.0 because of the
> layout of the menu's; whether Help should be a menu or a button and
> whether it shoudl be on the top right or not and some other things I don't
> remember offhand. The current foobar imposes too much restrictions and it
> would IMHO be plain silly to let the hardcoded clock exist next to the 5
> clock applets that are already in GNOME.

Well, considering there is a UI and string freeze for GNOME2 we have to go
with what's there right now. The panel-menu applet probably still needs some
work and a lot of testing and it also resides in gnome-applets right now
where it would have to be moved to gnome-panel to make it a default setup.

But on a good note, GNOME2 will have 1 clock applet and 1 mail applet! (And
1 cpu/mem/swap applet also)

Regards,
Kevin