Re: OOP applets; man pages

On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 13:12, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
> >
> > if this is the case, then we might want to move them out of $bindir and
> > into maybe $libexecdir.
> >

> There are a number things we should really put in libexecdir - such as
> oafd/gconfd, for example.
>
> > and how does an application add an applet then?
>
> This needs some thought - I wonder if we should require applications
> to add one of those little status dock things like in Windows, and
> reserve the bulk of the panel for users to add things to.

I like this idea, but I don't think it should be mandatory.
If we go with this, it would be nice if the default panel
dedicated the right portion of the panel to the left of the
clock applet to these application-related launchers.
We should separate the two type of launchers (as Windows does)
in a consistent way.

	Miles