Re: gnome-core HEAD is dead

On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 12:30, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On 12 Feb 2002, jacob berkman wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 11:58, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > > Hey Guys,
> > > 	I've just split gnome-core into gnome-desktop, gnome-session
> > > and gnome-panel. This is how the split looks
> >
> > this really should have been discussed on the mailing list before doing
> > this.
>
> 	I discussed it with George and he said that it was the plan
> all along. The release team were also I aware I was doing this.

well, this affects a lot more people other than george and the release
team, so a heads up / RFP for this should have gone out much earlier
than after the fact.

> > i am not thrilled that i have to waste my day fixing the snapshots for
> > this.
>
> 	Funny then that you didn't mention your frustration to me when
> we were discussing this privately on irc half an hour ago?

i didn't know what you were talking about.

i am not saying that this shouldn't be done.  i'm just saying that *how*
it was done was unacceptable at this late date in the gnome 2 cycle.

i don't have time to get in an argument, nor do i have anything else to
say.

jacob
--
"In fact, can you imagine anything more terrifying than a zombie clown?"
	-- moby