Re: The NEW gnome-terminal!
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- Cc: Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, GNOME Hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>
- Subject: Re: The NEW gnome-terminal!
- Date: 08 Feb 2002 20:40:39 -0500
Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com> writes:
> Whatever the release team decides is fine. I can port the
> gnome-terminal to the 2 code base (I did not know it was not ported),
> but the hard part is really zvt, not the limited GUI features it has.
> I just wanted to get some clarification and make sure that we do not
> engage into redoing the whole platform and never shipping a gnome 2.
I generally agree with what you're saying, of course. As I said, using
g-t is totally sensible, provided someone fixes it, and we don't try
to glom features in there.
If we make it all multiterm and gconf and so on though, it doesn't
make sense to me.
] [Thread Prev