Re: Heads up: Buggy nautilus 2.(.1.x?) interaction with NVIDIA drivers 4191

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 05:04:17PM +0100, Chris Chabot wrote:
> When using nautilus to draw the desktop, moving around windows, or
> switching desktop is dog-slow (i'm talking seconds before a moved window
> is redrawn)

Aside from total hosage with nvidia drivers, even with regular drivers
nautilus could use some love. Sun was also seeing slowness on SunRay
IIRC.

In Red Hat Linux 7.3 we had a bunch of hacks to keep nautilus from
having to handle expose events on its desktop window. We need to bring
back that feature. It also killed off all the flicker on login.

Havoc