Re: GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.1.4: "We don't need... roads."

Reinout van Schouwen <reinout cs vu nl> writes:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> >   - Xft2 and fontconfig for superior font rendering and configuration, from
> >     http://fontconfig.org/
>
> The ui-review team had quite a few remarks on the font rendering
> preferences windows. Will these be taken into account before release?
> (IIRC, UI changes can still be applied with the approval of two release
> team members.)

 A) Can you make sure that I'm CC'ed on these.

 B) There will have to be some changes to the "Details" page to
    make the options on it implementable with FreeType-2.1.3.
    (There were changes between the FreeType CVS version that
    I based the work on and the final FreeType release.)

    I'm not going to have time to work on this until after GTK+-2.2.0
    is out (that is, until after the new year), so GNOME-2.2
    will likely end with the old page, but it is worth noting that
    it probably doesn't make a lot of sense to worry about the
    fine details of the "Details" page.

Regards,
                                        Owen