GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.1.4: "We don't need... roads."

GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.1.4: "We don't need... roads."

The GNOME Development Series Snapshot 2.1.4 "We don't need... roads", is
ready for your bug-busting and testing pleasure! It is available for
immediate download on ftp.gnome.org and mirrors.

Detailed information about this release (with screenshots this time!):

  http://www.gnome.org/start/2.1/

Download:

  http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/desktop/2.1/2.1.4/sources/

  tar.gz:   84M total
  tar.bz2:  64M total

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
--------------------------

This release is an UNSTABLE development series snapshot. It is intended for
testing and hacking purposes ONLY. Like the Linux kernel, GNOME uses odd
minor version numbers to indicate development status, so this 2.1.x series
will eventually become the official 2.2 release. Please check our schedule
for more info: http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/schedule/

Build Requirements
------------------

  - The tarballs included in the release. :-)

  - Some very basic packages not distributed with this release, such as
    image libraries, popt and freetype. These should all be included with or
    available for your distribution.

  - Xft2 and fontconfig for superior font rendering and configuration, from
    http://fontconfig.org/

  - Docbook DTD 4.1.2, Docbook XSL stylesheets and a valid system catalogue
	file for scrollkeeper (which in turn is required by many desktop
	components for documentation).

Happy testing!

- The GNOME Release Team

--
     GDK (acronym): GNU's Not Unix Image Manipulation Program Tool-Kit
                                Drawing-Kit.