Re: gnome-network

On 7 Dec 2002, Rodney Dawes wrote:

> I don't think we should be adding any more modules to gnome-vfs. It's
> got a lot already. It's also a pita to maintain if people keep putting
> more things in it. The best places to put new gnome-vfs modules are in
> gnome-vfs-extras (it could do with a few more, only having 2 right now),
> or in other packages that keep the code separated. The best ways to
> assimilate some things, are to keep them separate.

No. gnome-vfs-extras is special in that is GPL licensed. Normally vfs
modules should be LGPL, and I'd prefer not to mix licenses in one module
like that.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a notorious sweet-toothed waffle chef from the 'hood. She's a blind
green-skinned journalist with a song in her heart and a spring in her step.
They fight crime!