Re: "Desktop preferences" as a top-level item

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 19:17, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com> writes:
> > This looks a little less idiotic if we replace "Theme" with "GTK+ Theme"
> > as was suggested elsewhere.
>
> We are NOT putting the string "GTK+" in the GUI. Really, what are you
> thinking?

Hey, I didn't come up with the idea... I only reiterated it :-P

OK, so you would prefer to include the icon-set and WM-stuff in the
"Theme" capplet ?

In that case I think the "colors" thing might be hidden in the Theme
capplet too, maybe in an "Advanced" tab or something.  If we're worried
about proliferating capplets; and at least that keeps the "Colors" under
the Theme umbrella where I think they belong, unless we discard "Theme"
altogether and scatter its remains about other capplets. (Which I am
*not* advocating, by the way ;-)

> Anyway the word "General" seems like an interesting line of thought.

Cool.  Now all we need it the Noun menu-name to go with the Adjective
sub-item...

-Bill