Re: "Desktop preferences" as a top-level item
- From: ERDI Gergo <cactus cactus rulez org>
- To: Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, calum benson sun com, n p sun com
- Subject: Re: "Desktop preferences" as a top-level item
- Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:18:45 +0200 (CEST)
On 29 Aug 2002, Seth Nickell wrote:
> I suggest using a standard "locked" icon (probably the same icon as RH
> uses for their PAM launch-apps-as-root tool?) overlaying
> admin-access-only items like an emblem.
We can also decrease clutter for the common case by having some
kind of 'this user doesn't have the root password' flag which hides the
admin-only preference items. This would apply to basically every case
beside the home desktop user, AFAICS.
.--= ULLA! =---------------------. `We are not here to give users what
\ http://cactus.rulez.org \ they want' -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001
`---= cactus cactus rulez org =---'
Saint: A dead sinner revised and edited.
] [Thread Prev