Re: "Desktop preferences" as a top-level item

On 29 Aug 2002, Seth Nickell wrote:

> I suggest using a standard "locked" icon (probably the same icon as RH
> uses for their PAM launch-apps-as-root tool?) overlaying
> admin-access-only items like an emblem.

We can also decrease clutter for the common case by having some
kind of 'this user doesn't have the root password' flag which hides the
admin-only preference items. This would apply to basically every case
beside the home desktop user, AFAICS.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001