Re: Queries about release specifications [Was: who gets in and why]

Hi Glynn,

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 00:09, Glynn Foster wrote:
> > > 	We don't need any more core modules with unworkable code and a
> > > new maintainer whose hands are tied by that very fact when it comes to
> > > trying to advance that module in new areas ... Enough GNOME modules
> > > have been re-written ...

	Great.

> We've also got to be *really* careful when doing this - quite frankly
> with too many rules and regulations

	I think codifying all the requirements in a certain area is useful, but
the final evaluation should be quite vague, it's possible to have a
verifiably non-leaking, non-crashing - and yet utterly convuluted, badly
structured application - and that's hard to legislate against ;-)

> While I do absolutely agree with the
> point that was made, we also have to be very, very realistic and take
> people's contributions at face value and welcome them with open arms too
> ;)

	Of course - I see this slack as located in who does the work to turn
the contribution into something useful. Clearly at some stage that is
the maintainer's job.

	Regards,

		Michael.