Re: Gnome first-time login profiling report.
- From: Narayana Pattipati <narayana pattipati wipro com>
- To: Malcolm Tredinnick <malcolm commsecure com au>
- Cc: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Gnome first-time login profiling report.
- Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 19:55:17 +0530
As Michael said, the ratios are similar for both linux and solaris.
Infact, I have results for linux also and I can send them if you want to
have a look at them.
Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Malcolm,
> > Is it possible to put up a tarball of the patches you made (or just a
> > description) where you added debugging output? I would like to run
> > similar tests on some Linux systems to see if the ratios are about the
> > same.
> I think for a Linux system - they are fairly similar, yes. Some things
> are significantly worse for Solaris systems such as X font queries - but
> in the main, optimising on the basis of the Solaris trace will also
> yield siginificant gains on Linux.
] [Thread Prev