Re: Gnome first-time login profiling report.

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 03:22:41PM +0530, Narayana Pattipati wrote:
> I am attaching a text file which gives details of time spent on each
> activity during first-time login. It also has analysis of functions
> executed and time taken for each function under each activity. This may
> help in further analysis of first-time login to improve performance.

To me, at least, this is interesting stuff. I have one question, though:
when you say "first-time" login, do you mean that the user in question
has never logged into GNOME with that home directory, etc, before (so
.gnome2 and so forth are being created). If I read the truss output
correctly, it looks like this is not the case, but I just want to
check.

Is it possible to put up a tarball of the patches you made (or just a
description) where you added debugging output? I would like to run
similar tests on some Linux systems to see if the ratios are about the
same.

Malcolm