Re: Help needed e xf2 with gnome2

Hi friends,

	I've also do the same thing as you in some previous time. As Xft2/fontconfig has go
	through a quite active development IMO, and as well as pango and freetype2. I suggest
	you to not just take the SRPM, but the source. The most updated info should be :
	* Xft2/fontconfig : http://keithp.com/fonts/pub/fcpackage.rc2.tar.gz
	* pango : ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v2.1/pango-1.1.1.tar.gz
	* freetype2 : http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3157

	Please note that, pango 1.0.x doesn't not work with Xft2, you should get the new
	pango-1.1.1 (recently released) or cvs version. Also one gdk share object (.so) should
	also recompile and link with new xft library. You can just recompile the GTK+.

	In my previous attempts, just taking the --prefix=/usr and left all other setting along
	is enough and all thing would work.

	Ok, all I can tell is this, as I also still begin to explore these stuff!! But you might want to
	post these kind of question to fonts xfree86 org or other related list. You'd get more
	response from there !! All active members of this field are there ^^

	Notes : you can also get a precompiled mozilla from keithp.com, it's really great !!

Enjoy
Zenith