Re: Where must I post this sugestions ???

Nicolás Rucks <rucks chasque apc org> said:

> I suscribed to this list two or three days ago and I want to make some
> sugestions to be implemented in the new Gnome 2 version.
> Primary there are usability improvements related to nautilus, and one to
> the core of gnome.
> I am a windows (ughhh) programer and have no experience programing on
> linux. I think I am not able to do it myself but I think this fetures
> should de done.
> All of them are easy to implement I think.
> Here is the list:
> API Imporvements:
> 1) To add an API funtion to display a cursor with a clock (like the one
> in mozilla when a page is loding) so the user can know that the app is
> doing something and user input is not allowed.
> Desktop and Nautilus Improvements

I believe there is a freedesktop.org specification for how application
feedback should be handled. Apparently this is aimed to be added to gnome in
the 2.2 time scale, but im not sure of the progress here.

> 2) To display the progress cursor (sugestion 1) when an Icon is double
> clicked and an app is starting (like KDE 3 does), so someone can get
> feedback of the double click and do not click again the same icon to
> start a second time the app. It will be very very very useful

see above

> 3) In the desktop add menu items to arrange icons like align icons to
> grid, by type, auto arrange, etc (not only arrange by name).

i would love to see windows style automatic layout (auto arrange) for all
nautilus icon views.

> 4) Add in the context menu of the desktop the items for file managment
> that are available in normal nautilus windows (create new folder, etc).

They are there for me

> 5) Add items to nautilus context menus for creating new files (HTML,
> Script, Text File, etc, the file formats should be configurable)

This has been discussed in the past and there is an open bug.

> 6) When I want to delete a file (SHFT+DEL) on nautilus, the focus
> remains on the main nautilus window, I must click the dialog asking to
> confirm the operation to gain focus and then confirm (very anoying to a
> user that use the keyboard primary)

sounds like a bug.

dave