Re: gnome-autogen.sh and autogen.sh

Hi Thomas,

On Sun, 2002-08-11 at 17:51, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> So my question is : would a patch to autogen.sh in gnome-common to do that
> be accepted ?  Or are there good reasons why this isn't done at the moment

	It sound good to me; that is if we can reliably distinguish what is an
error from a warning.

	Another thing that would be _extremely_ useful to do IMHO, would be to
ensure that if 'gnome-config --cflags gtk' doesn't have the parallel
installed include path, then we abort nicely telling people to update
their glib/gtk+ V 1.2 since the old version is going to screw with their
build. That's prolly the most common problem I've seen. [ we could do a
quick approximation of that by poking ${prefix}/include/gtk to see if it
exists.

	Then again, I've no idea who would approve your patch to gnome-common.

	Regards,

		Michael.