gnome-autogen.sh and autogen.sh

Hi gang,

I have a question re: gnome-autogen.sh

I think it would be better if the autogen.sh program would stop when any
of the autotools (aclocal, autoheader, autoconf, automake, libtoolize,
...) fails for some reason.  There are very few cases where a fatal error
of any of these isn't something that blows up in your face during the
configure or build later on.
I also noticed a few users building stuff from CVS giving error feedback
that was weird, and which in the end seemed to result in them missing some
development package, which contained the right .m4 file which aclocal
wasn't finding and which caused all the rest to fail.

So my question is : would a patch to autogen.sh in gnome-common to do that
be accepted ?  Or are there good reasons why this isn't done at the moment
?

Thanks,
Thomas

Buffy ...