Re: Gnome2 still unable to use user installed True Type fonts

On Sun, 2002-08-11 at 00:12, Mark C wrote:
> I'm having problems with Gnome2 see any TrueType fonts I've installed,
>
> Heres my steps to try to get them working in Gnome2:
>
> 1. fonts.scale and fonts.dir
> 2. chkfontpath --add /usr/share/default/TTF
> 3. xftcache /usr/share/default/TTF
> 4. added the full path to my /etc/XftConfig
> 5. Added the font path to my XF86Config-4 file
> 6. restarted the xf server
> 7. reinstalled pango several times
>

> But Gnome2 still refuses to see them at all.

If I don't export GDK_USE_XFT="1", then Gnome2 sees all my install TT
fonts, but they look flippin awfull.

Anyone seen this or know a work around?

Looking on the net so far reveals nothing usefull.

--
---
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;