Re: Archive Generator -- a system tool?

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 10:35, Rafal Hajdacki wrote:
> W liście z pią, 09-08-2002, godz. 06:48, Seth Nickell pisze:
> > Although I haven't looked at the RH beta, my guess is that RH found
> the
> > "System" menu growing too large owing to the large number of
> > administration tools they usually install, and found it necessary to
> > "clean it out". It would be better to seperate the "System" menu into
> > two menus rather than mucking with proper categorization. Though I
> don't
> > have the items sitting in front of me, I would suggest creating an
> > "Administration" or "System Configuration" menu or something like it,
> > either as a sub-category of the "System Tools" menu or as a new
> > top-level menu.
> >
> > -Seth
>
> Please Havoc, separate RH system configuration tools from system menu.
> There is too much items right now. And it is rather strange to have
> system configuration tools and terminal in one menu.

I have always thought this quite wierd - wouldn't it be better to have
terminal as accesories or office anyway

Also how about amending vfolder so system preferences go as a
sub-directory of preferences (which would leave actual system apps in
system like conf tools, user admin etc)

IMHO system settings that are per user like eg gconf-editor should be
uder desktop preferences anyway leaving system for root user tasks