Re: Extending the panel

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 06:34:05PM -0400, Alex Graveley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 08:14, Michael Petnuch wrote:
> > OTOH, Apple takes a little different approach.  Instead of showing you the
> > program name and icon it shows you the entire window (only when its
> > minimized though, otherwise it would clutter too much).  This I think is
> > very cool becuase (1) one it more visual and (2) its easier to switch to the
> > program I want.
>
> Enlightenment has been doing this for the last two years or so.  I found
> it remarkably useless when I played with it back then.

In some cases yes... however, a lot of times a snapshot of say, a
terminal window is a heck of a lot more helpful than a list of windows
all called "Terminal".  Being able to see if it's a window with code in
it, or your mail session, or [random whatever] can be quite an asset.

My $0.02

Alan
--
Alan "Arcterex" <alan ufies org>   -=][=-   http://arcterex.net
"I used to herd dairy cows. Now I herd lusers. Apart from the isolation, I