Re: Gnome 2.0: gnome-config and GConf and command-line

All good, except can a user have several parallel configurations using
GConf?

My configuration file will be setting the environment of the application
and I envision that it will be useful for the user to use a different
environments for different projects. They may load fewer or more
plugins, set different save/load profiles, have a different UI
arrangement, window sizes, etc.

I'd like the user to be able to do the equivalent of:
	nox -c web.conf
or
	nox -c print.conf
where web.conf might open fewer tool windows, hide some of the more
advanced options, set the web palette in the colour selector, create
default save profiles for SVG, SWF ... while print.conf might set up the
target device profile for the printer, not show web specific plugins,
have the toolbars grouped differently , work in another colorspace,
etc...

If I can do this with GConf great.

patrick.