Re: Error doing yelp "ghelp://.."

----- Original Message -----
From: jacob berkman <jacob ximian com>
> i don't understand why you can't pass the full path.
> could you explain this?
> jacob

 The above  problem I am facing while enabling help for
 gnome core applications (nautilus, control-center, panel
 etc) and help on applications from Panel launchers.

 #1 Enabling help for application from Panel launchers -

    Here the help path is taken from the "DocPath" in the
    <application>.desktop.in file . The same path can be seen
    in the "Documentation" in the properties dialog box.

    How to pass the full path for the help file in the
    <application>.desktop.in file for the application ??

 #2 Help on gnome core applications
    There is  a single help document  for nautilus. control-center,panel
    etc and it can installed anywhere.  Now how to access
    this document from individual application.

    Let's say I have the help document installed under
    share/gnome/help/panel  and I want to access it from nautilus.

    I use the api
    gnome_help_display_desktop(NULL,"panel","<helpfile>",<sectid>,error)

    But when the path (relative path) "ghelp://panel/<helpfile>" is
    passed to the gnome help browser (Yelp in my case) it's not able
    to open the file.

    Well I can use the api gnome_help_display_uri (url, error)
    by forming the url (finding  the full  path etc )in the application,
    but that will be a overhead for the application.

 Regards
 Satyajit

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.