-----Original Message-----
From: desktop-devel-list-admin gnome org
[mailto:desktop-devel-list-admin gnome org]On Behalf Of jacob berkman
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 10:22 PM
To: JAYARAJ P R
Cc: desktop-devel-list
Subject: Re: Display option in multiscreen (session management)

On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 09:38, JAYARAJ P R wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is in continuation of the discussion at
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2002-April/msg00139.html
>
> After following the discussion, here is a brief alogorithm of what
> we plan to implement for session-management to work in a multiscreen
> environment.
>
> 1. All GNOME applications need to do the following in their save_session
> routine.
>
> a)get the DISPLAY environment variable using getenv ("DISPLAY")
> b)call gnome_client_set_environment (client, "DISPLAY", DISPLAY)

thinking ahead to the multihead branch (which is why this came up)...
will the apps need to save the display for each window, in addition to
globally?

jacob
--
"don't get me wrong, i think that radiohead are amazing. i love their
 music and i love their ethos, but that thom yorke guy always seems to