Changes from Beta3 to Beta4

Here is the set of changes from Beta 3 to Beta 4 that I received.  If you
want your changes to make it to this list next time, be sure to send the
list of changes to desktop-devel, gnome2-release-team gnome org, and/or me.

Gnome-Media:
============

Gnome-CD:

	* Fixed many many bugs.
	* Solaris support (by Balamurali Viswanathan)
	* FreeBSD support (by Theo van Klaveren)
	* Enable the track editor to start.
	* Made accessible (by Jayaraj Rajappan)
	* Session support (by Balamurali)
	* New icons (execpt for the Eject button) (TigerT)
	* Only show the "Close tray" options if your OS supports the ioctl. (me)
	* Iain contributed a very nicely laid out widget that we like to call a
      "volume control", and Theo made the FreeBSD implementation for it.
	* The theme selection is now instant apply, so when you click on a
      theme name, the theme changes. This code was courtesy of Iain.
	* Thankyou to Tigert who made a new icon for the eject button.

CDDBSlave2:

	* Add a trackeditor. (me)
	* Add get and set methods to the IDL. (me)
	* Improve the CDDB parser so that it can find out the info from the comments
	* Improve lifetime management. (me)
	* Code to write out a CDDB entry. (me)
	* Fixxy bugs (me)
	* Accessibility fixes to the track editor (Jayaraj Rajappan)
	* Our amazing maintainer, Iain, made the track editor actually
      work, so now we can all change the names of the tracks on other
      peoples CDs so that they have no clue what they're listening to. I
	  suggest changing Aaron Carter to Slipknot, so when your Slipknot
	  loving friend goes to listen to his favourite CD, he'll find the
	  sweet pop soundings of the lovable Aaron. If that doesn't stop
	  him/her wearing black, then nothing will.

Gnome-Volume-Control:

	* Changed instances of GMix to Gnome-Volume-Control (me)
	* Fixed problems with the Preferences box. (me)
	* Use GConf. (me)
	* Instant apply preferences dialog (me)
	* Again, this application has gone from strength to strength in
	  this wonderfully wonderful release. Courtesy of Diego Gonzalez it
	  now works if your OSS card name has spaces in it.
	* And Iain kindly gave us the code to make the Volume Control be
	  shrunk.  Now you can have it only display the Main volume and CD
	  volume, if you prefer, or, if you don't any other combination.

Gnome-Sound-Recorder:

	* Use GtkMessageBox functions (me)
	* Make it really good (loads of people)
	* Use GConf (me)
	* Instant apply preferences dialog (me)
	* New icons (tigert)
	* Make repeats play the correct number of times (me)
	* If SOX isn't available, you can't record (me)
	* Fix mono recording (Wolfgang Ortner)
	* Move the menus around (me, Calum)
	* Some marvelous people fixed some evil evil bugs and made this
	  great program even greater.

VUMeter:

	* Make it draw all the LEDs and not crash. (me)

gnome-panel:
============

Panel:

	* Kill applets from load list if panel destroyed (George)
	* Improve new launcher file creation (George)
	* Use POPT_AUTOHELP (George)
	* Set up launcher drag uri correctly, #76403 (Mark)
	* Fix panel crash when we can't find panel for applet (Mark)
	* Redo lock button menuitems wording (Mark)
	* Make the remove from panel dialog OK_CANCEL (Mark)
	* Remove keybindings from capplet and merge pages (Jonathon)
	* Use clock applet for default panel setup (Mark)
	* Kill swallowed applications (Mark)
	* Kill auto-update-menus option, #75150 (Mark)
	* Fix floating widget movement, #76393 (Mark)
	* Add a mixer applet to panel by default (Mark)
	* Kill applet drag if mouse grab fails (Mark)
	* Fix floating panel properties spinbuttons (Mark)

Panel Applet Library:

	* Warn if applets are using hyphens in gconf keys (Mark)

Applets:

	* Ported fish from GnomePropertyBox (Aruna P R)
	* Fishy accessibility work (Rajkumar Sivasamy)
	* Use 'Preferences' instead of 'Properties for applets (Mark)
	* Set default action in clock preferences (Pasupathi Duraisamy)
	* Don't crash pager and tasklist, #74145 (Mark)
	* Lots of mailcheck work, #59271, #52924, #28987 (Benedikt)
	* Install mailcheck soundlist correctly (Benedikt)

Translations:

	* Changwoo Ryu, Hasbullah Bin Pit, Johan Dahlin,
	  Kjartan Maraas, Stanislav Visnovsky, Tõivo Leedjärv
	  and Zbigniew Chyla.

gnome-desktop:
==============

gnome-about:

	* Port to pango (Mark)
	* Redo the scrolling effect (Mark)
	* Use the font from the widget style (Deepa natarajan)

libgnome-desktop:

	* Get Exec args working (Mark)
	* Add GenericName .desktop key (George)
	* Ui tweaks and fixes (George)
	* Re-work the advanced DitemEdit page (Mark)

Translations:

	* Changwoo Ryu, Duarte Loreto, Hasbullah Bin Pit,
	  Kjartan Maraas, Tõivo Leedjärv and Zbigniew Chyla

gnome-session:
==============

	* don't include capplet-widget.h (Mark)

gnome-session:
==============

	* Port of session-properties-capplet to 2.0 (Lauris)
	* Fix session-properties crash, #76888 (Mark)
	* Fix invalid errno assumptions, #52781 (Mark)
	* Ask nautilus not to open a window at startup (Frederic Crozat)

Translations:

	* Abel Cheung, Gediminas Paulauskas, Kjartan Maraas and
	  Tõivo Leedjärv

ggv:
====

	* Even more of ggv has been made into an ape - now the sidebar, having
been transmogrified into a Control, merges wonderfully in your favourite
file manager's dock, enabling you to use nautilus as the one and only
PostScript viewer, printing, saving pages and setting the GGV
preferences from within it. and for the nostalgic, the old shell, GGV,
is still there as well.

Eog:
====

	* added mnemonics to preference dialog
	* menu rearrangements to fit HIG better
	* bigger default window size
	* Session management
	* build fixes
	* removed remaining uses of deprecated API
	* fixed memory leak with preference dialog
	* beautified preference dialog
	* Updated translations

linc:
=====

	* fixes
		+ kill socklen_t (Michael, Garth Pearce)
		+ 64 bit test fixage (Michael)
		+ fixup test linkage (Michael)
		+ update docs (Michael)
		+ fixup SSL build (Colin Cambell)

ORBit2:
=======

	* Bug fixes
		+ fixed array marshaling (Gergo Erdi, Michael)
		+ configure check pruning (Michael)
		+ shutdown ORB atexit to avoid UDS leaks (Michael)
		+ SSL build fixes (Michael, Colin Campbell)
		+ C++ compiler cast bits (Gergo)
		+ linkage fixes (Mark)
		+ IDL compiler initialization fixes (Mark)

	* Featurelets
		+ IDL compiler header guards (Murray Cumming)
		+ more regression tests (Michael)

libbonobo:
==========

	* Bugs fixed
		+ SEEK_CUR rename (Murray Cumming)
		+ event_source fix (Stephane Demurget)

libbonoboui:
============

	* Bugs fixed
		+ entity mis-management (Michael, DV, Frederic Crozat)
		+ dock band bindability (Murray Cumming)
		+ remote UI container segv (Michael)
		+ focus direction fixage (Anders)
		+ signal paramter fixage (Murray)
		+ grip sizing (Jeroen Zwartepoorte)
		+ build fixage (Jacob Berkman)
		+ C++ includeability (Murray Cumming)
		+ plug/socket grab leak (Mark McLouglin)
		+ dock lockability instant update (Michael)
		+ staticification of signals (Jacob)
		+ warning free control widgeting (Michael)
		+ mutiple key press chain error (Michael)
		+ libgnome pkgconfig dependency (Murray)

	* Featurelets
		+ dock layout (Michael)
			+ accessibility
			+ key-navigability
		+ UI translation speedup (Michael)
		+ large label handling speedup (Michael)
		+ more regression tests (Michael)
		+ error handler rename (Jody Goldberg)

Yelp:
=====

	* Made the TOC view look better                 (Me, Tammy Fox)
	* Better error handling when viewing docbook    (Me)
	* Docbook speedups                              (Me)
	* Chunking stylesheet fixes                     (Sander Vesik)
	* Fixed a couple of Calum's usability issues    (Me)
	* Use toolbar settings from GConf               (Me)
	* Style fixes in the index view                 (Richard Hult)
	* Fixed memory leaks                            (Padraig O'Briain, Me)

And much, much more...

--
name:   Jamin Philip Gray
email:  jgray writeme com

I was going to buy a copy of The Power of Positive Thinking, and then
I thought: What good would that do?  --Ronnie Shakes