Re: Getting serious about releasing

On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 19:40, Sander Vesik wrote:
> This is pretty crack, esp. considering that 'PLEASEFIX' is still around
> and references the two in the description.

My mistake; I should have marked it deprecated when I marked the other
two deprecated 3 months ago.

> But that is merely *ADDITIONAL* crackness over the fact that these
> keywords were the release team's agreed on way of dealing with the fact
> that we will hit RC1 and deep freeze at some point and need a way of
> dealing with the fact that we need to pick a set of bugs on which we base
> the "go" / "no go" decision on.

When I came on board in January we agreed that these keywords were not a
good idea and revamped the entire schema. The comments about deprecation
were added at that time in accordance with discussion on release team,
gnome-hackers, and desktop-devel. I didn't think anyone would ignore the
comments about deprecation so I didn't delete them; I guess that was a
bad idea.

Luis