Re: Getting serious about releasing

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Miles Lane wrote:

> Havoc Pennington wrote:
>  > > > 73769: can't delete folders in applications:///
>  > > >        (part of 72715)
>  > > > 73773: can't rename items in applications:///
>  > > >        (part of 72715)
>  > > > 73768: new folder in applications:/// gets broken name
>  > > >        (part of 72715)
>  > > > 73770: DND to applications:/// doesn't work
>  > > >         (part of 72715)
>  > >
>  > > Do these need to work ? why not just punt it by making it read-only?
>  > >
>  >
>  > This is all the menu editing goo again.
>  >
>  > We could indeed just say you can't edit in 2.0.0.
>
> I think this would be a big mistake.  Mune editing has been
> a major usability problem, IMHO, Gnome's entire life span
> It would be wonderful if we would at least start to get
> this fixed in Gnome 2.0.  I suppose it could wait until
> 2.1, but hope that delay won't be necessary.

The issue is very clearly one of "somebody needs to do the work, and we
can't wait forever for people to show up and do it". So yes, unless people
show up and just fix it, it will get punted.

> 	Miles

	Sander

	I see a dark sail on the horizon
	Set under a dark cloud that hides the sun
	Bring me my Broadsword and clear understanding