Re: top 10 gruesome gnome2 bug list

> Some relevant lists:
> *The other 138 high-priority or greater non-solaris-specific bugs:
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?I294239B
>
> Note: obviously I think solaris bugs are extremely important... I just
> don't put them in here because there are a lot of them and they are hard
> for linux-based hackers (which is the vast majority) to debug/trace.

This brings up an interesting question...  My long time experience
is that bugs on other platforms often manifest themselves on the original
development platform, just in different and more obscure (and often much harder
to debug) form.

Is there a Solaris box where developers can find nightly built bits
available to enable Linux hackers to log in and track those bugs down?
If not, could Sun set one up on the public net?

My intuition is that this would be a good way to help get the quality
and stability of the overall Gnome platform up, if some way for the
developers exist to change bugs on other platforms (particularly if
standard gnu tools like GDB are installed and available).  It is often
faster to get nasty bugs this way (on a platform where they happen
to become obviou), than chase them the conventional way.
                             - Jim