warnings...

Hi,
Previously it was mentioned that for things which applied to alot of packages here might be a better place to bring it up then bugzilla. Now this is only a little thing, but given how many packages turn on -Werror on cvs by default, i guess that at least some of the developers dont like warnings much. The deal is, new gcc's (3.2 at least) introduce a warning in cc1 when a system include directory is -I'd on the command line. Most of the packages i have compiled recently, have had huge lists of these warnings, because $(prefix)/include is a system directory in my case, and it gets added alot. Not sure what the optimal solution to this is, but a configure check could be done which get the list of system dirs from gcc - and then includes could be checked against that. on the other hand - just checking to see if prefix/include is a system dir, would probably cover the most common cases.

Not that this bothers me much, since i compiled in a warning for implicit integer casts resuting in precision loss into my gcc - i now end up with far more warnings then anything else in the build logs. (just have to remember --disable-more-warnings so i can get my build spam at all:P)

Regards,
Gareth