GNOME 1 control-center and GNOME 2.0

hi  dudes and dudetes,
Currently we have the gnome1 control center showing up with its capplets
in the applications menu under GNOME2.
While people probably would like to be able to set their gnome1 settings
for some time the current solution is really ugly and confusing.

My suggestion is that we do one of the following:
a) don't let people do gnome1 settings under gnome2

b) Only make the capplets available through the old control-center shell
and make sure it is called GNOME 1.0 control center in the titlebar

c) Make the gnome 2 capplets set the most important gnome 1 settings

Personally I would prefer any of the above over the current situation.
c) would be the best alternative but demands some coding. I am guessing
a) would be meet with lots of protests even if its the easiest to
implement. So what do people think of b)?

Christian