Re: applets tooltip's does not appear ...

Owen Taylor wrote:

> I think there are some useability concerns in putting the applet itself
> in the toolchain.

BTW, if the applet is something one can interact with then this would
seem
to follow as a requirement from the basic keynav requirement.
e.g. if you have to be able to use if via the keyboard, you have to be
able to give it focus.  That means either putting it in the tab chain
or (horrors) inventing yet another mechanism for transferring focus to
an object of "type x".

And of course if it has focus, visual focus indication must be provided
as well... as Calum demonstrated in IRC recently, if you can't see focus
then you don't know whether your keybindings are working or not! :-)

I know, this accessibility stuff leaks into all the corners and edges
of the desktop, but that't the nature of it.  Trust me, it will
be an improvement in the long run ;-)

-Bill