Re: Pango branched

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 11:59:35AM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> >   So as announced during the Talk at Guadec I expect to grow the
> > libxml2 API in the near future (no backward incompatible change are
> > expected),
>
> 	Ideal, but we certainly need some sort of mini branch to do
> stabilization on, and make minimal changes for bug fixes etc.
>
> 	Is that reasonable ?

 If you can come up with a clear an concrete case where/why this is
needed, why not. But unless absolutely necessary I prefer not having
to handle this, I honnestly don't see the point, though I see the
associated cost. For the moment all of my new developments are outside
CVS, so it's already the case, but once I decide it's ripe enough
for propagation I really do want to avoid branch maintainance (or to
put it frankly, I won't manage any branch myself).

Daniel