[Usability] 'Capplets' (was Re: background/font capplets)

Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM> writes:
> > On 11 Mar 2002, Seth Nickell wrote:
> >
> > > <jrb>
> > >   We don't use the word 'capplet' anymore. Its not cool.
> > > </jrb>
> > >
> >
> > So, what do we use now? And did somebody volunteer to fix docs?
> Property dialogs.  And please tell me that the term 'capplet' never
> appeared in user visible docs.

To pick up on this earlier thread .... So, if we can no longer use 'capplets',
what common name should we use to refer to system preferences.  'Control Center'
was a good handle with which to collectively group these preferences (like MS's
Control Panel) but that is now also defunct.

In Gnome 1.4 you could document along the lines of 'You can set the desktop 
background using the Background capplet in the Control Center'.

'Preferences' as they are called in the Applications menu is too unspecific.  
'Property dialogs' doesn't work.  GNOME Preferences ? System Preferences ?  
Global Preferences ?   


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]