Re: [Deskbar] Where are the plugins stored

Am 05.06.2009 11:38, schrieb Johannes Buchner:
On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 10:12:48 +0100
Antonio Roberts<antonio hellocatfood com>  wrote:

I've been trying to install the What Are You Doing (wayd) plugin and
have come across a few problems. I dragged the .py file into the
plugins window and it alerted me that the plugin had been installed
successfully, yet when I try to find that same filename on my computer
using the search function it cannot be found anywhere. Is there a
specific folder where I can drag the file to?
~/.gnome2/deskbar-applet/handlers/

global install is at /usr/lib/deskbar-applet/handlers/

Depends on the version you are using.

Since 2.23.5 the modules are stored locally in $XDG_DATA_HOME/deskbar-applet/modules-2.20-compatible where $XDG_DATA_HOME usually is ~/.local/share

Since 2.20 modules are stored globally at /usr/lib/deskbar-applet/modules-2.20-compatible

For versions between 2.20 and 2.23.5 modules are stored locally at ~/.gnome2/deskbar-applet/modules-2.20-compatible

For all other versions Johannes is right.

--
Greetings,
Sebastian Pölsterl