Re: [Deskbar] Thoughts to share on Deskbar, Gimmie and menus

2007/1/8, Andrew Kerr <drewkerr gmail com>:
I've had some ideas about Gimmie, Deskbar and menus which I've blogged
here: http://drewkerr.wordpress.com/2007/01/06/ideas-for-a-new-main-menu/

Hope they are useful - perhaps even inspiring!

Cool ideas. We have been talking of exposing an embeddable deskbar
widget for a while, but have never got around to actually implementing
the needed infrastructure.

Personally I would probably wait a bit and anticipate what comes out
of the olpc project, before I throw myself head first in to hacking on
this. They have some pretty interesting UI concepts, and if they catch
on and prove to be working in practice, we might also adopt some ideas
from that.

I have actually been working quite a bit on a related thing I will
disclose on my (grillbar.org) later this week.

Cheers,
Mikkel