Re: [Deskbar] first attempt at a cuemiac/pearl merge

On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 12:53 +0100, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-01-07 at 04:13 +0100, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:

> #
> # Release dependant:
> #
> # - (EASY/MEDIUM) Some way of marking the default match to be executed.
> #   Hint: Use cairo. gtk.TreeView.get_bin_window() to obtain a
> gtk.gdk.Drawable.
> #

The default match should be the first one in the list (except the
category header)

[ Actions    (3)]
  [ Execute killall kamstrup ]   <-- this one should be highlighted
  [ Foo bar baz ]
[ Web Browser    (5)]
  [..]

I suggest using stock gtk colors when highlighting, for the header and
for the default match, that way this reflects he theme colors and is
more accessible, for example with high contrast theme.

> # - (EASY?) Pass focus properly from entry to results window
> #

When typing the focus should stay in the entry field.
When hitting the down key focus should be passed to the P.
When hitting the up key in the first P. line, it should come to the end
of the P. and vice versa.

There is no coming back the the field after hitting down (this is the
GtkEntryCompletion Behavior)

I see one minor annoyance, should the header rows be selectable ?
Yes if we want them to be expandable with the keyboard.
No if we want to avoid pressing twice down to get to the first result
(once to get to the header, a second one to get the the first match
inside)

> # - (EASY) Expanding should be possible with enter/space as well
> #

See above

> # - (?) The entry loose focus sometimes when the CuemiacWindow appears,
> #   really annoying!
> #
> # - (MEDIUM) Store expandedness state of categories
> #
> #

Last night on IRC we agreed on the following:
Expand all by default, and remember which ones are closed

> # Would be really really nice:
> #

When the above is done we can merge, and see if the points below are
problems, and we can do a 0.10 release.

> # - (MEDIUM) User defined (non-static) categories *WITHOUT PERFOMANCE
> HIT*
> #
> # - (?) Optimize memory and speed
> #
> # - (?) Multiscreen logic.
> #
> #
> # Bonus features/Ideas
> #
> # - (HARD) Detach the search window to "store" the search
> #
> # - (MEDIUM) Drag hits onto desktop/nautilus
> #

Raf