Re: [Deskbar] Order of search engines in results

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 12:31 +1100, Nigel Tao wrote:
> > The order is more or less arbitrary: The first
> > five search engines are sorted alphabetically,
> > then the nest is created and remaining engines
> > are sorted alphabetically inside the nest.
>
> We should copy the browser's ordering.  If this is firefox (and the ctrl-k box searches), then (afaict) we offer
> the preferred engine first, and then the rest isn't sorted in any particular order (or at least it doesn't seem
> to be alphabetical?)  Epiphany is in alphabetical (I think).

Nigel are you sure we do ? I don't remember coding anything for that
purpose ?

I don't think there is any ordering relation between engines for
epiphany, they are just dumped in a XML file..

A for firefox it's approximately the same..

If it isn' the case could you point me to the code that does that ?

In any case i think we can safely put no nesting for engines..
Raf