Re: [Deskbar] FlatListUI progressions

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 00:58 +0100, Raphael Slinckx wrote:
> When i asked wether you could make this, i had in mind: using the
> entry-mode of completion UI (ie. entry in panel with icon in entry),
> with the cuemiac drop-down (categories, etc).

Oh, never mind. I think we should replace CompletionUI[1] with something
along those lines at some point anyway, otherwise I wouldn't have done
it :-)  - but perhaps that is better suited for 2.14.

Given the experience gained from the FLatListUI, I think I have a pretty
clear idea on how to make the C use an entry in the panel. *If* I where
to do this at this point, I really think we would require a pref dialog
ala:

LAYOUT
    (X) Use button in panel
    ( ) Use entry in panel

    (X) Use categorized list
    ( ) Use flat list

Then the ordinary completion UI could also have a button. The catch is
that this will require some work (not overwhelming, but anyway) AND it
will break UI freeze quite a bit.

Cheers
Mikkel

[1]: If you ask me CompletionUI is a hack at a fundamental level.