[Deskbar] Need feedback on refactoring

I just had a minor hacking session on the refactoring stuff. However there are a few things I would wan't to do, but will require substantial work (more so than what I already have ;-P).

I want to remove all Gnome/Gtk dependancies from DeskbarEngine, ModuleList and ModuleLoader (ie. the core of deskbar) - making them only depend on pygobject.

Why? The goal of this is that it should be possible to run deskbar from non-gnome environments (XFCE, FLuxbox)), maybe even pure terminal (gtk requires a connection to an X display if I'm not wrong). And also it appears as the cleanest solution.

However, as I hinted, this will require substantial work[1] - thus further delaying progress in other parts of d-a. Is it worth it?

Cheers,
Mikkel

[1]: And given my current situation "substantial work" will require quite some time...