Re: [Deskbar] GMail account search

Hi !

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 13:47 -0400, Kevin Kubasik wrote:
> Ok, my first look went well. But my major concern (as with almost all
> gmail related products) without a publicly released API, and with
> Gmail still technically in beta, google changes minor things pretty
> regularly which can majorly mess up handlers like this. While I don't
> think we should give up such a cool feature. It might be prudent to
> look into some way to push updates of handlers to clients.
>
> Bear with me, maybe this has been brought up before, but a simple ftp
> repo with some index.yaml (YetAnotherMarkupLanguage) file or similar
> could be used to allow clients to pick what handlers they want and
> download them as needed (since handlers are so small its not much
> overhead all said and done). We wouldn't even need to modify the
> current UI much, this could be done mostly transparently, with a
> simple popup when one or more handlers are out of date.

Yes this topic has been brought up before on IRC, and we agreed that we
needed a way to push updates and a central non-publically-uploadable
repository on the website would be sufficient to provide the service.

However as i said before i have no time to start such a bug project
right now, so it's up to you guys to begin building the foundations. I
can always help !

Raf